logos logos

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Taylor named ACC POY

Tyrod Taylor was named ACC Player of the Year on Wednesday by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association, beating out NC State's Russell Wilson.

"First off, I have to thank the Lord for blessing me with the ability to play football," Taylor said. "I also have to thank my parents, my family, the coaches, my teammates and all of the Virginia Tech fans. It's an honor to be recognized as the ACC's Player of the Year and to see all of my hard work pay off."

Taylor, a senior from Hampton, is 15th nationally is passing efficiency, completing 60.2 percent of his passes, with 20 touchdowns and only four interception. The dual-threat QB also ran for 613 yards and four touchdowns.

Next up for Taylor and the Hokies is Saturday's game against Florida State in the ACC Championship in Charlotte.

"I'm more proud, though, of how this team repsonded from an 0-2 start, but now we have to finish to finish things off Saturday in Charlotte against a tough Florida State team."


VOTING
ACC PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Tyrod Taylor, QB, Virginia Tech, 27 votes
Russell Wilson, QB, NC State, 19 votes
Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson, 8 votes
Montel Harris, RB, Boston College, 3 votes

No comments:

Post a Comment